10 big filter paper discs (24cm...
10 big filter paper discs (24cm diameter) – lining for the GAIA Mama sprouting tray when sprouting small seeds like Alfalfa or Clover. Made of pure paper cellulose fibre.
Temporarily out of stock.
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 08/20/2015
|Weight||0.1kg with packaging|
10 filter paper discs (24cm diameter) – lining for the GAIA Mama sprouting tray when sprouting small seeds like Alfalfa or Clover. Made of pure paper cellulose fibre.
The paper disc prevents small seeds fall through the holes in the bottom of the unglazed tray in initial stage of sprouting. The disc also allow water pass to enable rinsing of the sprouts. The lining is usually removed on the 3 day of sprouting.
Using of the paper discs as described in the Instruction guide:
Sprouting with paper lining discs for whole plant usage:
1. Line moisten GAIA tray with a paper lining disc. Add 4-5 tablespoons of previously soaked seeds (brassicas, alfalfa or clover). Stack the tray on the glazed base and cover with the lid. Using the disc allows you to rinse the seed gently if required and prevents smaller seeds falling through the drainage holes.
2. When the seed roots are 1cm long, carefully remove the paper disc and rinse & drain seeds as usual.
3. Now your GAIA tray works as a sieve and lets through unwanted smaller hard seeds and hulls, washing them out with each rinsing.
4. At the end of the sprouting cycle, remove the lid and expose to the light. This allows the chlorophyll enriching processes as the primary leaves turn greener.
5. When sprouts turn green, eat the raw plant in whole.